Indonesia, Jakarta Mission 3/13 - 3/15

Monday, July 21, 2014

"The work is really hastening here!"

Hey!  Well, I'm glad that you all had a great week up in Idaho!  That sounds super fun!  Sounds like that place was awesome and beautiful!  Fun to be up there as a whole family!  Though sad that there are beberapa hal yang menyebabkan penyesalan.  Sorry, I can't think exactly how to phrase that in English, other than "a few things that cause regrets"  but that doesn't sound quite right.  But you get what I mean.  

I can't wait to see the pictures of Grandpa waterskiing!  That is so cool and exciting!  And thanks for the other pictures!  Those are awesome!  I love it!  I am excited to get my shirt, too!  Haha grandma is too funny!  I am glad that you are having a good time!  Tell everyone hi for me, and that I love them!
What else did you guys do up there?

Well, things here have been going really well this week!  The work is really picking up, and that is exciting!  At the end of last week, we met a guy on the street when we asked him for directions.  We ended up giving him a passalong card, and he actually invited us to come to his house the next day. That rarely happens!  But it did!  So, we went.  And the lesson went terribly...  He just wanted to talk the whole time and wasn't really absorbing what we said.  We weren't even able to finish the lesson. But he said that he felt like we were good guys and that we could come back again this week.  So we figured we'd give him a try.  Well, turns out he had read the Restoration pamphlet we had left with him and had a few questions.  So we started explaining it to him, and were able to actually get to the Restoration and first vision part this time, though it took a few tries to get him focused.  But, when we recited the first vision to him, it was a completely 180 degree change.  The Spirit came super strongly and he focused on me as I said it more than I have ever seen anyone focused.  But it was like he was looking through me, not at me, which was weird to me.  But after we finished and explained it a little, he told me that as I said that first vision, he felt like he was off the ground, and as if someone else were speaking, not me, and a few other really cool things.  and it gave him the chills.  From that point on, he was totally focused and absorbed everything we told him.  At first he was really worried about the Book of Mormon, but after that, he totally accepted it.  Then, on Sunday he came to church and we set a baptismal date with him for August 9.  So that was a really cool, powerful, spiritual experience!  And that wasn't all.  This week we were also blessed to find several other new investigators and get some good lessons in!  The work is really hastening here!

Our whole district is really picking up, which is good!  It is nice to have some excitement and success going around!  And this week is looking pretty good, too!  We have mission conference at the end of the week, and the President is coming to visit with us and go on a split in our area tommorow.  So lots of exciting things!

So last week we went to see the golf course and ended up hitting a bucket of balls at the driving range. And this week we are going back there as a district to play at the driving range and get some practice to go play a real round someday.  I am pretty rusty after not having played golf at all in probably more than 2 years.  But it is pretty fun!  And the golf course here is absolutely beautiful!  So that is fun! Other than that, things around here are pretty normal.  We haven't been able to meet with Elder Ws dad for a while because they have been visiting family back in Solo.  But we are hoping to get over there tomorrow.  And we have a good appointment for later tonight with an investigator.  He's funny though, because he likes to meet at the lobby of the country club.  But he is really cool and a nice guy!  We are really working on trying to get him to come to church!

Well I hope you all have a great week!  Thanks for all your emails and support and encouragement!  You are awesome and I love you all!  Hope Eliza has a great week at EFY!  That will be awesome!  I loved EFY, it was so good!  Make the most of it!

Love you all!  


Love Elder Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment