Indonesia, Jakarta Mission 3/13 - 3/15

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Borneo Again

Hey, sounds like Costa Rica is pretty cool!  I'm glad that you guys are having a great time there!  That is pretty fun!  That monkey picture is pretty cool!  And so is that tuna, and the view, and lunch!  That is fun that you ran into some LDS families there, too!  Awesome!  But bummer you didn't run into Elder Hyde!  But thanks for telling me how things there are and for the pictures!  Those are fun to see!  Sorry I haven't sent any from here yet...the computers here don't upload pictures for some reason.  Its kinda a bummer!  But I have been trying.

So this was a pretty good week.  We started out a little bit slow and had a hard time getting all of the appointments that we wanted.  But we kept trying. Then on Friday morning all 8 people in our district went to the airport at 4 in the morning and caught a flight to Surabaya for Zone Conference.  The flight we took linked through Kalimantan, which is on the Island of Borneo, so I have been to Borneo twice now, which was kinda fun!  When we got to Surabaya, we went to the church and had our interviews, which were awesome.  Then we just hung out while we waited for everyone else to finish.  Then we went and played futsal all together, which was super fun!  That pretty much took up all of Friday.
Then on Saturday, we had zone conference.  We talked a lot about obedience, as well.  About how we need to be obedient to bring all the blessings to those that we are serving, but that our disobedience disqualifies us from all the blessings we need to help God progress His work.  We also talked a lot about finding people and developing Christ-like attributes.  I found a verse that I really liked that I used in a short talk I had to give about developing Christ-like attributes, but it is good for almost anything we have to do in the gospel.  It is Revelations 3:15-16.  It is kinda funny the first time I read it, but then I thought about what it meant, and I realize that it means that we can't just give a passive effort, but anything that we want to do, we must be all in or all out, but we can't be giving a half-effort.  
It was a good meeting and I learned a lot.  Then we all went to the airport and flew home again.  We finally got home at like 11:30 at night.  We were tired the next day for Easter.  

Easter:  We went to church and had a good meeting, though there wasn't really any Easter theme to it at all, which was interesting.  But it was good!  After church we went to the mission couple's house for lunch.  They are awesome!  They made chicken cordon bleu, and they even made Easter Baskets for us!  They are so great!  And while we were there we had a testimony meeting that was super powerful!  It was definitely a different, but very memorable and powerful Easter!  After lunch we went out and went back to work.  And ya, that was pretty much it.

So, things here are going great and I am loving the work.  My companion and I get along well for the most part, but sometimes there are differences of opinion that are apparent.  But we are working on it. He is awesome!

Well, I love you all so much and am glad you are having fun in Costa Rica!  The work is awesome! And I love it here!  I have learned I lot I feel like, and I can tell my testimony is growing and getting a lot stronger!  

Thanks for your emails!  I love you all so much!  Have a great day! 


Love Elder Wood!

No comments:

Post a Comment